Thursday, January 8, 2009

Crackin' is hard to do.....

Oh man, I am so sorry I have completely neglected this blog. Meanwhile, there have been so many mini-home improvements projects, baking extravaganzas, and little holiday get-togethers.
Let me start off by introducing you to my new toy. The Hoover. After disposing of the Christmas tree we were left with quite a few pine needles in the "Christmas Room." In an effort to avoid sweeping I simply pulled out the old trusty (ie: crappy) Shark, the same one I've had for about 3 years. I know vacuums are supposed to last longer than 3 years, but being that it is a little basic and has dealt with a substantial amount of pet hair over the years, it had certainly lived its life. I somehow was able to put it out of its misery in one foul swoop of the "Christmas Room." Apparently, the Shark was so terribly it couldn't handle a few needles. After clogging the main suction area I decided to finish the deed and clog the auxiliary hose. Without even putting a decent dent in the needles I realized that the suction was no more. After asking the hubs to take a look the diagnosis was clear. Thus, time to get a new vacuum!! WOOHOO! (Sorry, I will try to keep my crackin' to a minimum.) Unfortunately, P put a halt to my dream. I decided to compromise and I let it be known that any old Dyson would do, no game. P, being the uber consumer had to compare vacuums and apparently a few faulty comments regarding one of my most envied household appliances was enough to put the brakes on my plan.

With the house in complete disarray after the holidays some action was necessary, so we settled on this. Actually, ours is slightly different but you get the drift. Ours does have a nice pet hair cleaning attachment, but let me tell you, that thing is a beast. While it probably weighs more than our dog it does pick up a significant amount of debris that the Shark completely ignored. It even has a nifty red/green light that tells me when something is clean or dirty and when it is ok to move along to the next area. Let me just say, I vacuumed cobwebs in the corners of the 10' ceilings! While it was not the highlight of my day( going to Whole Foods was!), I was happy that there were extendable arms on the hose that allowed me to do that. A sidenote, this vacuum is safe on all floor types, which was a must in the case of our house full of 100yr old wooden floors.

I give the new addition 2 tired thumbs up. However, when this one dies, a natural death (not death by needle again), there will be no compromise, there will only be a Dyson, being delivered to our front porch. Below is a pic of the new beast, in the background is ole' crappy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's about dang time you updated.

P.S. I'll loan you my Dyson for some babysitting ;)